Home  |  Resume  |  Photos  |  FAQs & Facts  |  Appearances  |  Message Board  |  Chat  |  KidActors

Ryan James

Chat Transcript from December 29th, 2001
KidActors
Hiya Ryan!  How are things going?

Ryan James
Happy to be here. Things here are great!

KidActors
Super! Ok everyone, you can now start submitting you questions for Ryan! Here we go!

Orie-O
Hello Ryan. How are you? It's an honor to have you here. Anyhow, on to the question. If you were to choose one movie out of all the movies that you have donem which one is the hardest one that you had to do?

Ryan James
I would say "The Pearl" was the hardest so far, because of the diving and underwater scenes...it was really cold water 3 meters down.

Francesco
Hi Ryan ! How did you get started in business?

Ryan James
Hi Francesco! Everyone kept saying I should be an actor when I was really young and when I was 5ish I asked my mom "Should I do this acting everyone says I should?" and she said, "Sure, if you want to."

emmertheactress
is acting hard for you?

Ryan James
No, not at all, really. I just try to become whoever the character is and have fun with it!

Mike
Hello, Ryan, who is your favorite actor/actress and why?

Ryan James
I don't really have favorites in most things, and I don't really have a favorite actor/actress. I seem to like different things about different people that none is a favorite.

Kiddo
If you could remake any movie/film, which one would you remake, and why?

Ryan James
Do you mean any of the movies I've done or others?

Kiddo
Any movie you could pick from!

Ryan James
If you mean others, I would choose 'Star Wars" and play Anakin (sp?) Skywalker. It looked like lots of fun!

Francesco
what kind of movies are working on at this time?

Ryan James
I'm not working on any movies at this time, but am eager about the pilot season and upcoming movies, as soon as the holiday breaks are over!

wuvvum
How would you describe yourself in three words?

Ryan James
short, sweet, sports-oriented

Jason
How do you balance school, acting, and diving at the same time??

Ryan James
Oh, I do home schooling now so my school schedule can work around the other things.

Mike
If you would do anything besides acting, Ryan, what would that be?

Ryan James
I really don't know, but I'm going to start tap lessons and drum lessons soon, so maybe one of those be an alternative.

BRF
Ryan What do you Fear Most In your life?

Ryan James
The death of a parent.

Francesco
can you tell us what an average day il like for you?

Ryan James
Sleep as late as my mom will let me, feed the dogs, eat breakfast, do schoolwork and run errands, get in some exercise (walking or jogging with my puppy), go to auditions if I have any, play keyboards, skateboard or bike ride or something, somewhere along the line eat lunch, then diving, dinner, shower, sleep.

Kiddo
What do you like to do in your spare time?

Ryan James
read, chess, play with friends, listen to music, go on walks and bike rides with Micaela, make bows, arrows, and spears, draw, just kick back

jon2565
I read that you were good at accents....do you speak any other language besides english?

Ryan James
Not really, but I pick up languages quickly. Had fun in Mexico with Spanish.

Chris
Hey Ryan...Is there any director you'd really like to work with?

Ryan James
Steven Spielberg, Chris Columbus, Michael Mann, Sara Pratter, probably several others whose names aren't coming to mind right now.

Jason
What can you tell us about A Month of Sundays??

Ryan James
I had a very small part, in a casket, which wasn't comfortable, and it's part of the opening scene...a vision of Rod Steiger's that starts the storyline. It's a fun, interesting, good family film that I'm eager to see hit the theaters.

Mr. Critic
What is your New Year's resolution?

Ryan James
I hadn't thought about one at all until you asked, but my mom just suggested it be that I be more self-motivated about my schoolwork and getting into a good stretching and conditioning routine! She liked it better when I had lots of workouts in gymnastics...to burn up extra energy and stay fit!

Ian
Hi from Australia, Ryan... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - How is your diving going, and do you have any competitions coming up soon?

Ryan James
Hi Ian, long time no see! My divings going really well these days, with three new tougher dives. I've got a meet in about 3 weeks at an indoor pool (not our favorite) and I'll be competing all my new dives.

Princess
what are your new dives?

Ryan James
A back 1-1/2 half, the forward double somersault, and inward 1-1/2 somersault.

Chris
Ryan, what got you into diving?

Ryan James
I tried it while I was still competing in gymnastics and it was fun. It doesn't take as many hours a week of practice (about 7-8 instead of 22), and it's a much better fit with my acting career, so I switched after about 7 months.

jon2565
You always seem to be doing something.........would you describe yourself as competitive? And does that ever get you in trouble?

Ryan James
No, I'm really not competitive, at least not with others. I compete with myself and want to improve my own best. I've never gotten in trouble because of being competitive. I do like being on a team and helping my team do well, but in diving we compete as individuals even though we're on a team. There's no team trophy.

pay
is there any kidactors down there that you want to with in a moive or two ? And if so who and why wlud you want to with them

Ryan James
There are lots of kid actors I would enjoy working with in a movie, but it's hard to name them all here. Actually, there are so many I don't yet know, who might be great to work with, that it wouldn't make sense to name anyone now.

Francesco
What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?

Ryan James
Be yourself!!! Without a doubt, the best advice...at least so far.

Princess
do you have a best friend? and what is your favorite food?

Ryan James
Yes, I do have a best friend. I'm at her house now because our computer won't work for a chat. Micaela is my friend and neighbor. My favorite food varies, but right now it's Maruchan soup! LOL Oh, and macaroni and cheese. Real healthy stuff, huh?

Jason Mitchell
Ryan, do you like home schooling?

Ryan James
Yes, it's great. The only drawback is not seeing my schoolyard friends at recess.

Chris
Have you done any stage work? If you have, do you think it's harder on the stage or in front of the camera?

Ryan James
No, I have not, and I've not had an interest. I can't answer the second question, but Micaela likes the stage and doesn't think it's hard except that the bright lights can hurt once in a while.

pay
What do you like about being a actor?

Ryan James
I like the experience of being a character different than myself, meeting interesting people, the travel (I'm hoping for more exciting locations), and the opportunities it brings me.

Orie-O
What movie(s) are you most anxious to watch, Ryan?

Ryan James
I'm eager to see "Lord of the Rings," and want to see "The Pearl" to see how the finished product turns out.

Fan1
What pranks have been done to you, or you have done, or seen done to someone on set?

Ryan James
I've had none done to me, haven't done any, and really haven't seen others doing them on the set. Maybe I've just not been on those "prankish" sets yet.

Francesco
Do you have any special ways of learning scripts ? Greetings to Micaela ^__^

Ryan James
No, I just practice them with my mom. I don't ever try to memorize my lines, so it may not be as time-consuming or difficult as it would be. I'm giving Micaela your message right now, and thanks!

Jason
What is the best thing you got for Christmas??

Ryan James
One of my gifts hasn't arrived yet, so it's too soon to say! So far, I'd say it's either the tennis racket or the new dive team parka. -

Kiddo
Do you get recognized when you go out because of the roles you've had?

Ryan James
It's only happened a couple of times, probably because of the roles I've had so far. Most of them aren't in TV shows that kids tend to watch and two of the four movies haven't been released yet. But, I must say it can be fun when it happens.

Mr. Critic
Have you read "Lord of the Rings", Ryan? I'm reading it right now. It's really good.

Ryan James
I'm reading it now, too. I've just started recently, so I'm not too far yet (about page 105, I think).

jon2565
I think I read that you have 2 older siblings, are they in showbiz too?

Ryan James
One older sibling and she's not in the business. My mom said she had a chance to be when she was really young because she was a super swimmer before she turned two, but my mom didn't follow up on it with her.

Orie-O
What is the best thing a fan has ever done for/to you?

Ryan James
Supported the Jennifer Bonds Memorial Fund with a donation. It's mentioned on my message board and is for the sister-in-law of a friend who was recently killed.

Kiddo
If you had to choose when you are older between diving or acting which one would you pick?

Ryan James
I'd definitely choose acting. I don't think I could do much diving once I get older, anyway.

Jason
If you could make 3 wishes, what would they be??

Ryan James
To have a dirt bike, to have a ranch, and to have infinite wishes! LOL Then I could wish for peace, health, prosperity and all those things everyone wants!!

KidActors
Hey everyone! We've come to the close of our chat with Ryan for this time! Thanks for coming to chat with us this afternoon (and evening for some of us!) Ryan ... we are all glad you were able to make it, and we hope to see you again soon! Be sure to watch Ryan's site for future events, appearances, and a transcript of this chat!

Ryan James
Goodbye to all and to all a good night! Thanks for coming, Ryan :)

KidActors
Cya Ryan!

Ryan James
Thanks, Kris, this was fun!

Click "Chat," in the menu bar, to return to the main chat menu.

Contact KidActors by email at admin@kidactors.com
Copyright 2001-07, KidActors. All rights reserved.