Home  |  Resume  |  Photos  |  FAQs & Facts  |  Appearances  |  Message Board  |  Chat  |  KidActors

Ryan James

Chat Transcript from December 27th, 2002
KidActors
Welcome everyone to the Live Chat with Ryan James! Ryan has just joined us, so please start submitting your questions!

Ryan James
Okay.

KidActors
We're glad you were able to join us tonight, Ryan! Are you ready to get started?

Ryan James
Welcome. Glad you're here.

KidActors
Here we go!

Mark
Hey Ryan, tell us a little it about 379 Broadleaf Road

Ryan James
It was lots of fun working on it, but it was super hot and very tiring. I wound up with heat exhaustion the second day.

Ryan James
The movie is a true story written by the director, who I play as a 10 year old.

sa
how did u become an actor?

Ryan James
I got an agent, who sent me on auditions, and once I booked a job, I was on my way to becoming an actor.

Casp
what was the funnest thing you've gotten to do on camera?

Ryan James
On The Wayne Brady Show, which hasn't and won't air, I had only one line, but I got to say it really silly and it was grammatically incorrect. It was funny and fun!

Amber
Who would you like to work with in the future and why?

Ryan James
Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey, and Robin Williams, for different reasons, along with Julia Roberts, just to name a few.

sdm
What kind of roles do you like?

Ryan James
Comedy and more serious, along the lines of the sensitive issues roles I've done. I'd like to try an action/adventure film role, too. I especially have liked doing my own stunts, so hope to do more.

sa
how did you feel about acting as a girl in judging amy?

Ryan James
Fine. No problems doing that. It was a challenging role, which made it interesting. I figured if Tom Hanks and Robin Williams, along with Dustin Hoffman, can do it...so can I!

Michael D.
what is your favorite movie that you worked on?

Ryan James
I don't have a favorite...I liked them all. Each movie had different things about it that made it interesting, fun, challenging, or just enjoyable.

Ryan James
Just so you all know, I don't tend to have favorites in much of anything.

*Angel*
What do you like to do when you're not acting?

Ryan James
Work on my motorcycle, play with Sunnie, my friends, and my nieces and nephew, I enjoy working on my gas-powered RC car, reading, snowboarding, bike riding, skateboarding...the list actually goes on and on and on...

Amber
What do you like most about being a child actor :)

Ryan James
Hmmm, well, I like my chauffeur (mom), meeting interesting people, the chance to travel, knowing that it's much easier as a child than it would be as an adult, since I don't have to support myself!

Michael D.
what is you absolute favorite sport?

Ryan James
I REALLY don't have a favorite. I just don't have a favorite sport, or other favorites.

wuvvum
Do you think of yourself more as an actor or a diver?

Ryan James
Neither. I think of myself as a human being who happens to be an actor and a diver.

Molly
What was your most embarrassing moment on set?

Ryan James
Ummm, well, I think I've had a few and it's been when I blanked on my line. Nothing spectacular, just blanking for a minute. Of course, a minute does mean doing it over again!

amanda
Ryan, how do u like being an uncle

Ryan James
It's fantastic! It's fun and even though I get beaten up sometimes when we're roughhousing, it's still the best thing in the world!

Ryan James
By the way, did you get to see Javy?

amanda
Yes he is great

Ryan James
Glad to hear it!

Francesco
What was the best movie you saw this year ?

Ryan James
LOTR2, with no hesitation, along with Road to Perdition. If you haven't seen it, do, and watch Tyler Hoechlin...he was terrific and is a really nice person. He's also a standout pitcher!

*Angel*
Where do u see yourself in the future?

Ryan James
I have no clue, but hope it's at the Air Force Academy.

Casp
do you pick out what roles you do? or does your agent?

Ryan James
Neither of us does. I audition for what is good and appropriate, then see if I get a callback. We just weed out the ones I don't want to do at the beginning and then I don't audition for them.

Ryan James
This is so cool to see so many friends here, along with some new names!

Mr. Critic
do you have any future projects ahead? (film or TV)

Ryan James
There's a couple I'm hopeful will come my way, but nothing in the mill at this time. With pilot season coming up soon, I'm hoping to find something really good.

Casp
how many auditions do you go to in like...a week?

Ryan James
It depends on the week, the season, and what roles are out there that I would fit. It's been as many as 16-18 and as few as none.

Tim
What up Ryan? What emotion do you feel is easiest for you to act out (ie, happiness, sadness, etc)

Ryan James
Good question! Umm, I guess I'd have to say it depends on the setting and the mood on the set.

Hayden
Ryan, are you able to cry if your role calls for it? If you can, how do you do it? What do you think about?

Ryan James
That's been tough for me, but I have been able to do it. I don't have a specific technique, but sort of do fake snuffles sometimes.

Miche
What is it like to watch your self on screen?

Ryan James
It's a little different seeing myself on TV than on a big screen in a theater, but all in all it's fun.

Kitrick
How do your find yourself getting into a character, or getting ready for a scene? Are there steps that you take?

Ryan James
I just read the lines and before I go in for the audition I picture the character, where he is and why he's there, and get into his mood. That's about it.

Michael D.
is there any role you just wouldn't do?

Ryan James
Yes, lots of them.

Mr. Critic
Like what for example?

Ryan James
Well, I wouldn't do nudity, cruel and hurtful language, a character who is really mean without redeeming value...stuff like that.

Benny (BH)
Does school get in way of your acting carreer or vice versa?

Ryan James
Not really, especially now that I do independent home study.

Bran
If you could re-make any movie which would it be and why?

Ryan James
Do you mean a movie I've done, or any movie?

Bran
any movie

Ryan James
I would remake "The Magnificent Seven" and direct it!

RobFromDallas
Which kid actor would you like to be in movie with?and who?

Ryan James
That's an unfair question. I'm not willing to hurt any of my friends' feelings, so would choose to work with all of them!

Mr. Critic
What got you into diving?

Ryan James
I got a coupon for a free trial lesson, did it, had a blast, was getting ready to quit gymnastics, so wound up switching.

*Angel*
If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?

Ryan James
I would use one wish for an end to world hunger, one for world peace, and one for three more wishes!

Casp
do you want to do tvmore or movies? or do you have a preference?

Ryan James
I don't have a preference between them; I like both.

sa
do u have any advice on acting, for kids out there?

Ryan James
Well, try not to memorize your lines, just know them enough to not have to look at the sides, keep a positive attitude, and only do it if you like it. The last is REALLY important!

wuvvum
How would you describe yourself in three words?

Ryan James
Small, sweet, and sexy. Or, well, maybe just kind, cool, and corrupted. Oh, I don't know!

Mark
have you tried any musical instrument like a saxophone, guitar, trumpet, etc.

Ryan James
No, but I'm thinking of trying electric guitar. Right now I play air guitar.

Benny (BH)
What are your 3 main goals in life

Ryan James
To attend the Air Force Academy, have a happy family life, and grab life by the handlebars!

Casp
do people recognize you on the streets alot?

Ryan James
No.

Amber
do you do any charity work?

Ryan James
Definitely! I do as many of the KWAC (Kids With A Cause) events as I can and some with my teen group through homeschooling.

Mr. Critic
I hear you're taking tap lessons. Would you like to try ballet and jazz?

Ryan James
Maybe jazz, but I'm not too keen on ballet at this time.

Kitrick
Any new years resolutions?

Ryan James
Not at this time.

Tim
how would you react to a role with skateboarding, dirt bike racing, and car racing?

Ryan James
I'd go all out to get it!

Shannon
Are your friends and family into acting?

Ryan James
No one else in the family acts or ever has to my knowledge.

KidActors
Hey everyone, our chat with Ryan has now come to a close. KidActors would like to thank everyone for coming to chat with him this evening, and we hope you've had a great time! Also, thank you Ryan for being able to come talk with us! We hope you'll come back again soon!

Ryan James
My pleasure. It was a blast!

KidActors
It was great having you, Ryan!

Ryan James
Happy New Year to all.

Click "Chat," in the menu bar, to return to the main chat menu.

Contact KidActors by email at admin@kidactors.com
Copyright 2001-07, KidActors. All rights reserved.